Mechanica Utilities Ltd are pleased to advertise an exciting opportunity as a Mechanical Fitter, working from our Dover workshop.
Reporting through the Workshop & Site Supervisors, who in turn report to the Operations Manager, this role is a “hands on” position working in the field of Mechanical Engineering both in our workshop and onsite.
All aspects of onsite health and safety are to be adhered to, thus ensuring the company meets its requirements and objectives within the policies and procedures for quality (ISO 9001), the environment (ISO 14001) and health & safety (ISO 45001).
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Dismantle all types of mechanical equipment, such as (but not limited to) pumps, motors, gearboxes, screens etc
- Inspect the dismantled components, including taking tolerance measurements, shaft run outs, and assessing/understanding the recommended repair method
- Fault finding on equipment such as pumps, gearboxes etc – specialist equipment is provided by the company
- Under the guidance and instruction of the Operations Manager, carry out the repair/refurbishment of the mechanical equipment
- Work on Water Utility, Power Industry, Food, Paper, Petroleum and Government sites as part of a mechanical & electrical team
- Onsite removal and installation of mechanical equipment including working at height, within confined spaces, in sewerage and potable water environments etc
Ideal Skills, Training & Qualifications (but not essential):
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role, preferably with a Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship (Water Utilities and/or Power Industry experience is advantageous)
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience of, or a good understanding of, onsite health and safety rules and regulations
- Confined space trained or a good understanding of confined spaces – training can be provided
- Watery Hygiene trained or a good understanding of sewerage/clean water hygiene – training can be provided
- The ability to work alone but also be an excellent communicator when working within a team
- Good organisational skills with a strong ability to multi-task
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company, with a solid customer base, and a vision for the future which includes promotion and new roles/responsibilities.
The position is full time (40 hours per week minimum), and includes plenty of overtime opportunities and a call out rota system. There are 25 days annual leave, plus the statutory bank holidays included. The pay is very competitive, with an immediate enrolment within the company pension scheme.
To apply, please contact our HR department: