Machine Shop Services
To compliment the workshop refurbishment services that Mechanica Utilities Ltd offer, we have comprehensive machine shop capabilities to repair, manufacture and re-engineer spare parts.
From a repair perspective our workshop machine shop can undertake many re-machining tasks such as:
- Machining impeller wear ring locations (to enable concentricity and correct tolerance)
- Skimming sleeves (to remove wear/pitting etc)
- Bore out bearing housings (for re-sleeving)
Included within our repair service and machine shop capabilities is the reclamation of rotating equipment shafts. This process includes machining, metal spraying/spiral welding and re-machining to the correct tolerances.
From a replacement perspective our workshop machine shop can undertake many machining tasks such as:
- Manufacture of sleeves
- Manufacture of wear rings
- Manufacture of bushes
- Manufacture of bearing housings
- Manufacture of locknuts
Machine shop equipment includes lathes, horizontal/vertical borers, presses, milling etc.