Onsite Drive Repairs
The client contacted Mechanica to provide one of three quotations to replace a 160kw ABB drive, which had been deemed an uneconomical repair by both the other companies and the client. Mechanica’s specialist drive partner (DMS) attended site, and upon investigation, removed the drive from the panel and returned to the workshop for inspection.
Project Workscope & Completion
Offering the best value solution, which was to repair the drive, Mechanica were awarded the project which we specified as follows:
- Replace 12 blown IGBT modules
- Replace all Bus capacitors
- Carry out full electronic overhaul to all PCB’s
- Repair damaged firing card
- Replace damaged metal work
- Replace the failed balancing resistors
- Supply and fit new fan cap and overhaul fan unit
Mechanica M&E site teams returned to site and installed the drive back into the panel, supplied and fitted 6 new 250 amp main fuses and carried out a full test run. The above project saved significant hire drive costs and was repaired within 10 days of the initial site inspection.