Mechanica Utilities Ltd are pleased to advertise this exciting opportunity as a Project Manager, working from our Dover offices/workshop.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is for a focused and dedicated person who will be responsible for looking after the company’s onsite project work. This includes, but is not limited to, site survey, technical specification, quoting, delivery and commissioning.
All aspects of onsite health and safety are to be adhered to, thus ensuring the company meets its requirements and objectives within the policies and procedures for quality (ISO 9001), the environment (ISO 14001) and health & safety (ISO 45001).
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Attend site and liaise with clients to survey new and existing client enquiries and jobs
- When surveying work, interpret the full client requirements, and build a specification, detailing all site survey information and taking photographs
- Enter all site survey information, including photos, onto our company job costing system for full transparency to the rest of the business
- Liaise with suppliers and specialist sub-contractors to produce all pricing for the job/project, including company man hours, and produce/issue a detailed scope and pricing document for our tendering department
- Upon award from the client, procure all materials, liaise with specialist sub-contractors, by requesting PO’s to be raised by the Planning Co-Ordinator/Administrator
- Compile and issue job/project specific RAMS and any specific client health and safety paperwork
- Prior to or during the sitework, attend any necessary onsite client meetings
- Where required, kick start the job/project with the sitework team
- Project Manage the job, ensuring the site team follow the RAMS and adhering to both Mechanica and the clients onsite policies/procedures
- Ensure all specialist sub-contractors issue their RAMS, approve them, and ensure that they adhere to them when working onsite under the company’s instruction
- Where necessary assist with onsite commissioning and, if required, produce any QA packs or commissioning documents
- When projects incur any workshop activities, liaise with the Operations Manager to oversee the workshop work as per the specification and pricing model for each job/project
Ideal Skills, Training & Qualifications (but not essential):
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience of, or a good understanding of, onsite health and safety rules and regulations
- Confined space trained or a good understanding of confined spaces – training can be provided
- Watery Hygiene trained or a good understanding of sewerage/clean water hygiene – training can be provided
- An engineering background, with Water Utilities and/or Power Industry experience
- An excellent communicator for both client meetings and site team instructions
- Good organisational skills with a strong ability to multi-task
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company, with a solid customer base, and a vision for the future which includes promotion and new roles/responsibilities.
The position is full time (40 hours per week), and includes 25 days annual leave plus the statutory bank holidays. The pay is very competitive, with an immediate enrolment within the company pension scheme, and the position includes a company vehicle, mobile phone, laptop etc.
To apply, please contact our HR department: